TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TOURS AND RATES
OUR PRICES INCLUDE
Tripadvisor and all services specifically described in each itinerary. Prices are shown in US$ (US Dollars) and are subject to change without notice before full payment of services purchased
OUR PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Visa charges or handling
- Passport charges or handling
- Tips and gratuities to guides, drivers, bellboys, cruise staff and other service personnel.
- Transfers (unless specified).
- Baggage excess.
- Airport taxes at specified destinations.
- Admission tickets to National Parks, Natural Reserves, or Fauna Reserves that are not included in the itinerary
- Any extra charge that is not adequately specified in the itineraries
DEPOSITS AND FINAL PAYMENT
PatagoniaShorex does require at less 25% deposit of the total amount due as confirmation of your reservation or the total payment. The rest should be paid cash before the tour departure only for Chile Ports.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION FEES
Unless otherwise stated, the following cancellation policy applies to all the programs and products:
Cancellations must be received by e-mail this being the only valid cancellation document.
- Shore excursions may be cancelled due to inclement weather conditions and the ship don’t dock . In which case, and as your sole recourse, full refunds will be made to guests who have purchased cancelled excursions.
If the ship arrive late we will do the impossible to adapt the excursion booked to the remain time but we are not responsible for eventual flight connections or other loss. We strongly recommend to supply yourself with an insurance at the time of booking, to cover eventual cancellation fees, lost of luggage, medical expenses and others.
PatagoniaShorex will allow fully refundable cancellations, by the traveler or the agency, prior to 45 days from the day of the trip. At 44 days outbound, PatagoniaShorex will not allow any refund of payments except for Shore Excursions when conditions make it impossible for the ship to dock and disembark passengers. If your flight is delayed or canceled or your lost your original flight , PatagoniaShorex will not allow any refund.
- Upon the occurrence of a force majeure event because of PatagoniaShorex, the traveler will receive a full refund, less any applicable banking charge.
We will not pay for any loss caused by or incurred resulting from failure of any tour operator, Common Carrier, or other travel supplier, person or agency to provide the bargained-for travel arrangements;
- No refunds will be made to any customer who fails to show up for a tour departure at the designated time and place, or who leaves, or otherwise does not use all of the services scheduled to be provided by an excursion. Most tours will operate in a variety of weather conditions, and no refunds will be made to any customer who chooses not to participate in a departing tour due to weather conditions. Members of any excursion who elect to leave the designated tour transportation must provide their own transportation at their own expense back to the landing place of the vessel.
- Once the tour is in progress, the voluntary cancellation policy shall apply. Travelers that voluntarily cancel any of the tour services shall be entitled to no refund. There will be no refund for unused services, including transfers and hotel bookings.
Group bookings may be non-refundable if the trip price is based on a specific number of participants.
Custom designed bookings will always have a $25 per person non-refundable penalty for cancellations made at any time after the booking has been confirmed and the credit card charged.
Customers who dispute a PatagoniaShorex credit card charge by filing chargeback notice with their credit card companies will be charged a $25 administrative fee (per chargeback notice) by PatagoniaShorex if the chargeback is ruled in the favor of PatagoniaShorex by the financial institution.
We strongly recommend to supply yourself with an insurance at the time of booking, to cover eventual cancellation fees, lost of luggage, medical expenses and others.
DEPOSIT AND RESERVATION
- In order to confirm the reservation, we must have received your payment for the services or the deposit of guarantee.
- A 25% down payment at the time of booking is required. The balance is due 45 days before commencement of the tour.
- Full payment in advance is required to hold reservations made within 45 days from commencement of the tour.
- If any balance is not fully paid by the date specified, the company may cancel the tour without any refund whatsoever.
- Prices shall be final and subject to no change once payment in full has been made.
- If price increases or exchange rate fluctuations force a substantial and justified increase of the agreed-upon price, and the traveler is not willing to pay such an increase, all payments made will be refunded in full, less any applicable banking charge.
- The company reserves the right to change hotel bookings should there be no accommodation available. In such a case, an alternative similar hotel will be provided. Should there not be similar hotels available, accommodation at higher or lower category hotels shall be provided. Should there be any cost difference; the price shall be adjusted accordingly.
- In the event the tour is shortened or extended due to force majeure or unforeseeable circumstances beyond the company’s control, any related expenses shall be the exclusive responsibility of travelers.
We will do our utmost to reply your inquiry within 24 hours (48 hours during weekend). If you haven’t heard from us within this time, we kindly ask you to contact us again. There could be a communication failure.
WEB SITE ACCURACY
The tour’s descriptions in the website have been compiled based on the information available at the time of editing it. Changes may occur afterwards beyond our control. We will make every effort to keep the web site as updated as possible.
- The Company hereby expressly represents that is acting as an intermediary between travelers and entities or persons providing the services described in the itineraries. Consequently, the Company shall not be liable for any deficiency, nor for any accident, damage, injury, delay or irregularity in the services provided.
- The Company makes every effort to keep all information posted on the website PatagoniaShorex.com updated; provided however, neither the Company nor PatagoniaShorex.com shall be liable for damages resulting from any errors and omissions in the information provided on the website.
- The Company hereby disclaims any liability resulting from any delay, advanced departure or cancellation established by airlines or other carriers, and any and all costs arising therefrom shall be borne by travelers.
- The Company assumes no liability for hotel grading criteria or hotel compliance monitoring. Tour packages and itineraries sent to travelers show hotel grades as officially assigned by local tourism authorities.
- The Company does not guarantee the handling of baggage and personal items, and travelers assume complete and full responsibility therefor. Travelers are therefore advised to obtain appropriate travel insurance coverage against this risk.
- The Company assumes no responsibility by reason of bad weather conditions, demonstrations, riots, war or war rumors, or any Act of God or force majeure events outside the control of either party that may adversely affect the tour.
- The use of air or land transportation by travelers implies a direct relationship between carrier/s and travelers. Travelers are advised to obtain flight cancellation insurance, although the Company does not offer this type of insurance.
The organizers may decide to cancel or shorten the duration of any tour in the event of hostilities, natural disasters, accidents or any other circumstances beyond the organizer’s control. PatagoniaShorex shall be relieved from all liabilities and obligations resulting there from, upon notice to the tour participants and full refund of any amount paid for the tour or unused portion of the tour, as appropriate.
- Claims must be made in writing within 30 days after tour completion or after the event that provoked the claim, and sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No claims shall be accepted after such 30-day period.
- In the case of claims resulting from any reason whatsoever, both the traveler and the Company expressly submit themselves to the jurisdiction of the Ordinary Courts of the City of Puerto Montt, (Tribunales Ordinarios de la Ciudad de Puerto Montt), Chile, waiving any other jurisdiction or venue to which they may be entitled.
We want you to have a great time, but we also want you to be safe. Here at PatagoniaShorex, we only use insured and fully licensed tour operators ( guides and drivers) for our Shore Excursion program and we can guaranty you will be back completely on time to your ship.
The customer declares to understand and accept the conditions described in this page, and such acknowledgment will be reconfirmed by any of the following events:
- Payment of the hired services by any means of payment.
- Reception of the receipt for the aforementioned services.
- Using any of the parts of the services that have been hired.
Terms and conditions may vary at any time without prior notice, please check this page for updates, changes or additions. Last Updated: March 2016.